Monday 21 January 2013

Writing In Role

When writing this I found I was free writing within the mindset of my character. This technique helped me get more in role and allowed me to mould the vision of how I should play my character in future scenes. I used my interpretation of Jan from the lines in the play, to try and give a believable diary extract.

Dear Diary,

It wasn't my fault. He was never a part of our group. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. He's dead. Adam, a human beings life gone. I just wanted to feel a part of something, feel accepted in the group. Why didn't he leave before it was too late, I left before it happened. Therefore it can't be my fault, it isn't my fault. It was banter, a laugh, he was up for it. We didn't force him into anything, he agreed. Everyone else did it, so i thought it was what I had to do. To feel a part of the group, I guess Adam was trying that too. Adam never really fitted in. Whereas me, I have Mark. Thats why i'm there, no one liked Adam but he came everyday thinking he was part of the group. why didnt he see the signs? He had it coming.




No comments:

Post a Comment