Wednesday 18 September 2013

Childrens Theatre Evaluation

The Rehearsal Process

It was both enjoyable and repetitive. Having to put on a smile throughout really took it's toll and made me start to be more professional. In acting you have to push yourself and endure things that you may not choose to endure. I think working as a team was a main factor in the success of the final shows, all our commitment within rehearsing ensured our real performance flowed almost effortlessly. I think one thing I could improve on would be my pessimistic attitude when I heard the words - singing and dancing. I think I need to be up for doing things to make a show how the director wants and to co-operate more when being asked to do so. 

The Final Shows 
Costume and make up really allowed our imagination to thrive and to actually start to make us believe that we were the characters. Also have our target audience there allowed us to work off of the audience as well as each other. Making us have to push ourselves through audience participation and improvisation. I think this topic really opened my mind to the possibilities of children's theatre and another pathway I could take in my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment